About Gateway to Language and Learning
The Gateway to Language and Learning© augmentative communication app (most often referred to as "Gateway") is a widely used AAC core word page set that can be purchased as an add-on product for , and . Gateway includes both symbol and text-based vocabularies that are combined with spelling and word prediction to accommodate the needs of both literate and non-literate users.
Gateway Supports the Needs of Individuals Including:
Children and adults with Autism
Children and adults with Developmental Disabilities
Children with Apraxia
Children and adults with Cerebral Palsy
Children and adults with Traumatic Brain Injury
Children and adults with Down Syndrome
Adults with ALS aka Lou Gehrig's Disease
Gateway's Benefits Include
1) A variety of each designed to target the varying communication needs of young children developing language, children and adults with autism and other language impairments, and teens and adults who are competent communicators.
2) It is intuitive to use and its organization and efficiency features allows the user to create his/her messages within an average of less than 1.5 key selections per word.
3) Gateway is available with both SymbolStix® or BoardMaker®, the most popular AAC symbol systems available.
4) Each version of the Gateway augmentative communication app offers a variety of grid sizes ranging from 12 to 140 locations per page, supporting a very wide range of physical needs and abilities.
5) Focused fringe vocabularies minimize the need for extensive navigation to locate frequently used words.