Why Gateway – Less Customization
- The Gateway augmentative communication App requires less customization than similar core-word apps thanks to its different User Vocabularies.
- Each user Vocabulary contains a similar research-based core, but provides a focused fringe vocabulary targeting different age groups, abilities and needs.
- Individuals with ASD typically have many sensory-based needs. The Child Functional and Teen/Adult Functional vocabularies of Gateway for the Proloquo2Go App includes frequently requested sensory items and actions on the Home page making it an appropriate augmentative communication App for children with autism.
- A fully customizable “My Things” folder is provided so each user can link directly to their most frequently used items.
- Page sets designed for children provide direct links to categories such as Toys, Party, etc.
- Page sets for Adults provide direct links to Leisure Activities, Medical, and Hygiene, etc.