Why Gateway – Efficient Communication
- When constructing messages symbol-by-symbol, having access to an efficiently organized AAC App is key.
- Apps that require extensive sequencing slow down the rate of message delivery, limiting effective communication.
- With Gateway a user can create a sentence using an average of 1.5 key selections per word across all page sets combined.
- Efficiency is highly correlated the grid size. Smaller grid sizes (e.g., 3*4; 4*5) require more key selections than larger grid sizes (e.g., 6*11; 10*14).
- INSERT Sample efficiency Charts