Test of Aided-Communication Symbol Performance©
by Joan Bruno, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
The TASP is an AAC Assessment tool that can be used to quickly and easily helps to assess AAC symbolic skills. It provides a starting point for designing or selecting an appropriate AAC device page set. Practitioners and use the TASP results to guide the design of communication boards and to help establish appropriate AAC intervention goals and strategies that target symbolic and syntactic development.
Some additional features of TASP:
- Serves as a tool to benchmark progress in aided communication performance
- Uses Picture Communication Symbols (PCS) and complements other components of the AAC assessment process
- Includes subtests, which can be administered over a period of sessions to test understanding of:
- Symbol size and number
- Grammatical encoding
- Syntactic performance
- Establishes basals and ceilings for each subtest
- Appropriate for children through adults who have the physical ability to point to symbols from a field of four (4)
- Administration time ranging from 10 to 20 minutes depending upon individual’s skills
- Scoring procedures are objective and rapid
- Test forms are reproducible
- Includes customizable worksheets for a variety of practice exercises is an easy to use tool for assessing a range of symbolic skills needed to: (1) design a communication board, (2) select an AAC App, (3) select an AAC device and (4) establish appropriate AAC intervention goals. The TASP can be used with children and adults. Adminstration time ranges from 10-20 minutes. View a brief video for more information. The TASP can be purchased through Mayer-Johnson, LLC (SKU M3MJ205) Cost – $299.