Teens and Adults Competent Communicators
Teens and adults who demonstrate advanced or age-appropriate communication skills need an AAC system that is intuitive, efficient and unrestricted. They need to be able to quickly say what they want to say to engage in social interactions and to participate in educational or vocational settings. The AAC system of choice must combine a high-frequency core vocabulary with spelling and word prediction.
The Advanced User of the Gateway© augmentative communication App meets the communication needs of competent communicators. It is available as a Vocabulary Level within Assistiveware’s Proloquo2Go App, as a Page set within the Tobii Dynavox Compass App and as individual vocabularies within Saltillo’s TouchChat App.
Gateway is a highly efficient core word augmentative communication Apps, averaging 1.3 key selections per word. It’s intuitive organization and “Dynamic Morphology” features make message creation seamless. Mastery of Gateway can be achieved quickly, without a lengthy or challenging learning curve. The user can focus on what he or she is going to say and not on how he is going to say it.
Key Features of the Advanced Vocabulary include:
- High frequency core vocabulary complimented with a fringe vocabulary targeting mature interests and needs.
- Access to spelling and word prediction
- Selection of grid sizes ranging from 45 (5*9) to 140 10*14) locations making it easy to select the size that best matches the user’s visual needs and physical abilities.
- A customizable “My Things” page to allow for easy personalization, making frequently used fringe vocabulary easily accessible.
- Dynamic Morphology features that seamlessly incorporate targeted word forms onto the MAIN page, for use during message creation.
- Easy access to a “Community Core” that provides seamless access to educational and community-based vocabulary.
- An easily accessible Tool Bar that provides direct access to features such as:
- Quick Chat
- Sentence Starters
- Access to a set of Theme pages for use in structured or recurring environments.