About Gateway To Language and Learning
The Gateway To Language and Learning© app (aka Gateway) is a widely used Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) core voculabulary page set that can be purchased as an add-on product for Proloquo2Go, TouchChat HD and Tobii DynaVox Compass Apps. It includes both text and symbol-based vocabularies that are combined with spelling and word prediction to accomodate the needs of both literate and non-literate users.
Gateway supports the needs of a wide range of individuals including:
Children and adults with Autism
Children and adults with Developmental Disabilities
Children with Apraxia
Children and adults with Cerebral Palsy
Children and adults with Traumatic Brain Injury
Children and adults with Down Syndrome
Adults with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
Gateway was developed in 1997 by Joan Bruno, PHD., CCC-SLP who has over 30 years of experience in the field of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
Gateway’s Benefits Include
1) A variety of Page sets each designed to target the varying communication needs of children learning language, children and adults with language impairments, and teens and adults who are competent communicators.
2) It’s intuitive to use and its organization and efficiency features allows the user to create his/her messages within an average of less than 1.5 key selections per word.
3) Gateway is available with both SymbolStix® or BoardMaker®, the most popular AAC symbol systems available.
4) Each Gateway offers a variety of grid sizes ranging from 12 to 140 locations per page, to support a very wide range of physical needs and abilities.
5) Focused fringe vocabularies minimizing the need for extensive communication.